Pictures On Gold - Picture quality is terrible

37 of 49 Pictures On Gold reviews

Look at the photo that I posted, and specifically look at the picture of me and my girlfriend. That photo started out as a 24 megapixel photo. I could've printed it on 13x19 paper and been unable to see the grain. I had to resize it to about 10 megapixels before I could upload it to their website. That's still a completely ample size though, and realistically I shouldn't be able to see any grain in any print smaller than 5x7. The print inside the locket is less than half an inch wide, and look for yourself how grainy it is. This is a company that "specializes" in printing pictures on gold. However, their printer, which is made specially for printing on small areas, has the lowest resolution I've ever seen in a photo printer. I can't return this locket because they don't accept returns on "custom made" jewelry. It looks absolutely terrible. They charged me $50 to put this picture inside the locket.

So please, if you want to get your girlfriend a locket with a photo of the two of you inside, BUY AN EMPTY LOCKET THAT CAN HOLD A PHOTO. This place charges $50 just to put a picture into one side of the locket, and $35 to put text in the other side. This is on top of a base price of $70. You will get a much higher quality picture if you go and print your picture at walmart, or even on your own color printer you bought in 2005 and then cut the picture out and put it into an empty locket. Their printer that "prints on gold" is honestly the lowest quality printer that I have ever seen. And quite honestly, your girlfriend might appreciate the fact that you went through the trouble to get a picture printed, and then craftily cut it out and put it in that tiny locket.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Cheap poor quality for expensive price
    • Terrible photo print quality

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Return item and full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
2 Picture Heart Locket
Review category
Luxury / Jewelry
review #720991 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pictures On Gold? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
37 of 49 Pictures On Gold reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 08 #1108636

i looked at the photo for the locket and it was grainy. I can definitely fix it for you if you like. Please call 877-703-1143 and ask for Daniel,

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Pictures On Gold. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Pictures On Gold.
Filing a new complaint about
×